Monday 27 April 2015

Elixir of pain

My life is a war against my fate.

"I died drinking the nectar of your love, but the elixir of pain that you gave me, made me immortal."

.....Days passed. I got busy dancing to the tune of life and routine, but the memory of the flower did not fade. I remember it as if it were yesterday.... Her voice still echoes in my ears.... The sight of her twinkling eyes even as she narrated the story of her life...

"The sun rose behind the mountains. The birds chirped. My lush green mother plant bathed in dew drops. The first rays of the sun fell on my petals and I opened my eyes to see myself in full bloom! This was the first time I had seen the world. It was so beautiful. The bees and butterflies came to me and admired my beauty, my large colorful petals and my lovely aroma. I generously offered my nectar to friend butterfly. She thanked me profusely and flew away. After a while, the children came to play, the elders strolled by me and complimented my looks. Then there was uncle gardener. He had nurtured me well, and there I was, in my full bloom and lush beauty! He beheld me with pride, his head held high up. Suddenly the world looked more beautiful to me.

Next morning, I was awakened by unbearable pain. I opened my eyes to see uncle gardener separating me from my mother plant. I was crying and bleeding, but he did not stop. He cut me out and took me to a large dark room and placed me in a basket.

Overwhelming fear gripped me, and I was furious on uncle gardener's betrayal. After a while, he placed me in another basket that was full of other flowers. Some like me, some even more beautiful, but all bleeding and crying, like me. My next destination on this journey was another unknown man. He bought me and took me back to my home garden. I was relieved to be back home after this ugly journey. He then gave me to a beautiful girl who was happy to have me and then placed me gently in her hair. I was quite comfortable now, in her black, smooth hair and rested.

This morning, when I woke up, I was aghast to see myself completely withered and my aroma gone... The girl gave me a distasteful look and threw me out of the window. I am lying here for quite some time now, when you came by and showed your concern. Thank you for your time."

Saying this, she closed her eyes. Also, I noticed that she had stopped breathing. My heart cried for this innocent soul. As did the skies roared and it poured soaking mother earth welcoming her in an embrace... comforting her... being one with her...

It has now been a long time, but the memory is still fresh, and strong is the wish for justice.

This morning the drizzle triggered my nostalgia and I went to the garden where I had buried her. The sight filled me with surprise and joy as I saw hundreds of small tiny little plants emerging from the place where I had buried her.

This was the triumph of life over death. After all, how can such a thing of sublime beauty vanish without a trace from the face of this earth! With a smile on my face, I went back home as if the triumph was my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment